Eternal Ryanair Claim

Dear Ryanair,

Ref: QTKLQG, flight FR7613

In June 22nd 2017, I bought a ticket for my husband and myself to fly with Ryanair from Glasgow to Lisbon.  The purchase was made through Edreams.  This flight that was meant to leave September 10th 2017 was cancelled.  (All details of that experience submitted in the letter attached.)

Since cancellation (almost 5 months), I have been completing all possible online claim templates and sending several emails to your company with no successful resolution.  With no successful resolution because the cheque you sent over had been returned by my bank since it was not possible to deposit in Lisbon, only in Ireland where bank operates.  Also, I must say, that the cheque reached my door by luck because the letter was sent over without my apartment door number.

I have also been calling to your service line, and the service is very poor and offers no options other than submitting a new different online claim template every time I call.  The customer service agents which we (my husband and I) talked to are very unfriendly and have very poor understanding of the level of urgency. 
I have also been chatting over your website with the online agents, which refer us only to call over phone or submit a template.  They don’t touch anything related to claims and run away from any attempt to understand what the exact issue is.

Overall, through any of your 3 customer service communication chains, no resolution. 

The refund of the cost of the flight was paid back through Edreams, but clearly, not in full as there were some Edreams fees that have been discounted during the transfer.  Rest of expenses that we had to pay during that day (September 10th, 2017) i.e. flights, hotels and meals have not been taken care of by anybody (All details of that experience submitted in the letter attached). Even your standard reimbursement policy when cancellation of 400€ per seat (in this case 2) has not been paid to us.

I have shared my bank account details with you in the multiple emails that I have sent you over.  I won’t accept any further cheque.  I ask you to submit the final settlement of this claim and related expenses through those bank account details.  I would also appreciate a phone call from your company personally apologizing for all the time that we have spent going through this painful and unfair process initiated by your inability to fulfill your job. 

Regards,
Ana Mateo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Train to Nha Trang

Moving, all the people moving

What about North America and the Caribbean?