Syndrome of the Man Down

No, this post is not about Rihanna's song.

It is about us.  You and I.

The not social group of people that when in an elevator, in a dinner, in the subway dedicate more time to type through the "smart" than to generate a decent conversation with the ones around us.

I am a very proTech person.  I love the fact that I can actually write this post and some people will read it.
I love the fact that I can actually call someone or write an email and know that they will answer.
I love everything that comes from Technology, even when sometimes it helps me abstract from the world whenever I don't want to socialize.

But, does it necessary have to always be there?


The man down is this person that during lunch break is anxious to write a whatsapp (reply a message) to someone that has not even written.
The man down is this person that needs to confirm through the navigator if what the person in front of him has said is true or not.
The man down is this person that when his/her partner goes to the restroom, he/she check for the football match results.
The man down is this person that is responding an email while having a smoke.
The man down is this person that while having dinner, wants to know what is the weather going to be like tomorrow morning.
The man down is this person that wants to post in facebook his/her "check-in" in his/her favorite place to make others aware of his/her active social life.
The man down is this person that wants to retweet the comment/quote of a famous personality while at work.
The man down is this person that needs to be recommended in LinkedIn by his/her ex-boss just before an interview.
The man down is this person that goes into youtube to watch the video of his/her favorite artist and it is not capable of going to his concert because it is too crowded.

The man down is you and it is me.

The man down is not going to fade, because we are all addicted.  Way far addicted.
Because at a certain point of our lives, we all want/need to be a man down.
Either because we don't mean to socialize, because we want to have the truth at our hands or because we want to be recognized...  Everyone, for sure, has their own reasons.

As for me, yes, I like my "man down" moments.  But I also want to feel the presence of someone when I eat, when I go out, when I'm having a drink with someone.  I will like to feel that we still can manage a face to face conversation, I will like to feel that there is no need for a Whatsapp when we still can have a phone call.

Long live Tech and Man Down, but PLEASE Long live the world in society!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Train to Nha Trang

Moving, all the people moving

Shanghai